[build2] How to quickly create build2 files with a project already existing

Klaim - Joël Lamotte mjklaim at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 10:10:31 UTC 2018

I'm currently exploring more the case of adding build2 build scripts
to existing libraries.
I'm trying to find quick ways to start working on a new package
by having build2 files created quickly and correctly
(that is, me not missing one of the files
or not messing up by copy pasting from another project).

Is there already an easy way with bdep to generate build files with:
 - no source files created (we already have the code);
 - no targets created (commented examples are fine);
 - still have the necessary build files with some example code
   and the basic necessary
   declarations (probably mainly build2 modules?);

I'm trying options of `bdep new` but for now I failed to find a combination
that quickly gives that. Either there is stuffs generated that I have to
selectively delete, or there is no build scripts generated at all.

Am I missing something?

Not supper important, though it would help trying making packages.

Joël