[build2] Test using c assert reports stack buffer overrun when failing (MSVC?)

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Aug 14 15:38:12 UTC 2018

Klaim - Joël Lamotte <mjklaim at gmail.com> writes:

> From what I tested below, it looks like it's just the report that is
> incorrect, VS's current assert() implementation does something special and
> it might be misinterpreted. I know that it's implementation have changed in
> the recent versions and does things to report more info when possible.

Yes, there is something strange going on and there is even a note in
the code that deals with this:

https://github.com/build2/libbutl/blob/master/libbutl/process.cxx#L1779

We haven't had chance to research this further. So if you have any
suggestions how to handle this better, I would be happy to apply the
fix.