[build2] create packages invoking 3rdparty build systems

Thomas Maierbacher maierbacher at gmit-gmbh.de
Tue Jul 18 06:34:15 UTC 2017

Hi Boris,

once again - are there any news about creating bpkg packages using other build systems?

I am looking for a cpp package manager to improve the dependency management in my company. Our software relies on various open source and closed source 3rdpary projects (e.g. boost, ffmpeg, jsoncpp, ...). Unfortunately, we do not not have the man-power to rewrite and maintain our own build system for those project. Thus, the only possibility is to write an interface for building this projects.

You hope to have a similar effect with your build system as git had for source control. Nether the less, one of the most important git features is an interface to SVN. In my opinion, interfacing existing stuff is is crucial for success.

Is build2 the tool I'm looking for or do I have to find another one?

Best Regards,

Thomas