[build2] Handling other target types

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Sat Apr 8 16:11:55 UTC 2017

Hi Max,

Moldmann Max (DC-MA/ENG52-NA) <Max.Moldmann at boschrexroth-us.com> writes:

> How can build2 handle other target types like elf and hex files for
> embedded cross compilation? Currently I let the exe target type handle
> the elf files. But how can I add a rule to create my hex files?

Currently the only way is to hack the build driver directly. Proper
support for this is planned for 0.6.0 (i.e., after the upcoming 0.5.0).
This is, BTW, the last major missing block after which we can start
focusing on 1.0.0.

In the meantime, can you describe what you need to accomplish? I.e.,
how these files are generated, where they go after that, etc. So
that we can make sure this use-case will be handled.

Thanks,
Boris