[build2] build2 target trouble

Moldmann Max (DC-MA/ENG52-NA) Max.Moldmann at boschrexroth-us.com
Wed Apr 5 17:13:56 UTC 2017

Hi Boris,

When I try to use a GCC cross-compiler for the Infineon Tricore target, I get:

error: unable to parse C compiler target 'tricore': missing cpu
  info: consider using the --config-sub option

"tricore" is the -dumpmachine output of this compiler. So unfortunately it's no target triplet like "x86_64-w64-mingw32"

I tried the -config-sub option but couldn't figure out how to use it.

I traced everything back to the module.cxx file at line:
fail << "unable to parse " << x_lang << " compiler target '"

Thanks,
Max