[build2] 3rd party build system - stable release

Thomas Maierbacher maierbacher at gmit-gmbh.de
Wed Dec 14 11:31:09 UTC 2016

Hi everybody,

First of all thanks for your work! I especially like the Idea to have a C++ package manager. I'm currently evaluation build2 as a future build tool.

I have two questions. According to the git repo, there seems to be a lot of development on this project and the last "release" was 3 months ago. Should I wait for the next release to come? Is there a recommended stable version to be used?

Second: I do not want to rewrite/maintain build systems for 3rdParty code. Is it possible to interface 3rdparty build systems? How do I do that?

Thanks and kind regards

Thomas