[build2] buildfile syntax documentation

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Aug 29 17:25:18 UTC 2016

Hi Mateusz,

Mateusz Wykurz <wykurz at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm looking for buildfile syntax documentation. The best source of
> information I have found so far are the talks (with slides). Is
> there some form of comprehensive text that would cover it though?

No, not yet. It is still pretty much in flux but once things stabilize,
that will definitely become a priority.

In the meantime, the best source of practical information are the
buildfiles for projects that we have packaged. They are pretty well
documented and can be found here:

https://cppget.org/
https://queue.cppget.org/

For a more theoretical side (i.e., valid syntax, etc), you can take
a look at the tests/ subdirectory in build2. It is a bit of a mess
thought ;-)

Also, if you have any questions, shout!

Boris