[packaging] SFML build2 packages

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon May 9 11:16:40 UTC 2022

Fabian Meyer <fabian.meyer at posteo.de> writes:

> SFML is now working for MacOS and Windows (msvc and clang) in GitHub Actions
> and bdep ci (...).

Nice!

> Just as side note: I do not plan to make Android and iOS work.

Perfectly reasonable (if anyone needs this support, they are welcome
to look into it).

> Should I also publish it to https://[queue.]stage.build2.org? Are there
> any specific steps for doing so?

Currently there is no way: we started it as an internal queue but
I remember thinking that at some point someone will want to submit
something there. I guess that time has come.

I don't want to jump into this just yet (we are in the middle of
trying to wrap up the major features for the next release), but
I've added a note to look into it. In the meantime, I can queue
it for you if your would like.

> I also want to port a few more projects / packages for build2 since SFML is
> now close to be working :D. E.g. TGUI (https://github.com/texus/TGUI), which
> is a GUI framework building upon SFML (and other backends).
> Do you want me to inquire you about each new port? Or should I just create
> new repos in the build2-packaging organization? Or should I first start with
> them in my own space with new repos?

Please go ahead and add whatever you want to package. You are also
welcome to work on it in your own workspace and transfer it later
or start straight in build2-packaging (we usually do the latter).