[packaging] SFML build2 packages

Fabian Meyer fabian.meyer at posteo.de
Tue Apr 26 19:37:53 UTC 2022

Hi everybody,

I am currently working on creating build2 packages for the SFML library:
https://github.com/Rookfighter/sfml. Currently the packages work for
Ubuntu and I'll be working on MacOS and Windows asap.
I have a few questions that came up while I was working on these packages.

First off is there a way I can share code between different root.build
files (so different build2 packages) in the same it repo? I was thinking
about creating a file with common logic in the repo root, symlink it
into my projects and include / source the files then in the root.build
files. However, that did not work, build2 refuses to include or source
the file (can I even use include / source in a root.build?). Is my
approach basically the right way? I mean, it could be that I am just
doing something wrong when calling "include". Just want to make sure if
this is not a known dead-end anyway.

Next is there a built-in way to detect system dependencies (like opengl)
in build2? I'm not sure if specifying that stuff for each target system
is really the right way.

Is there any interest to move the package repository to the
build2-packaging organization? I would happily move it there.
However, I won't be able to build the audio package of sfml yet, because
too many dependencies are missing (libogg, openal-soft, libflac,
minimp3, libvorbis).

Regards
Fabian