[packaging] libapr README url fix patch

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Apr 5 10:22:16 UTC 2019

Hi Luke,

Dale Lukas Peterson <hazelnusse at gmail.com> writes:

> > I updated my branch with your suggestions. I wasn't aware of Clara until
> > you mentioned it. Regarding whether we should bundle the one that is
> > checked in to the catch2 repo or leave that separate, the latter seems most
> > logical to me. Clara isn't strictly required to use catch2, so forcing a
> > particular version upon people would probably make it annoying for them to
> > use different versions due to include path problems.

While I agree it would make more sense to have Clara as a separate
dependency of Catch2, from our chat it's clear Phil feels strongly
about having a private copy and the reasons he gives do make sense
(essentially, making sure Catch2 uses a known-compatible version
of Clara while not forcing the users to use the same version).

Since they are doing all the work of making sure that such a
"private Clara" does not conflict with "user Clara", I think we
should respect their wishes and just bundle it.

> > As far as testing goes, there is a bit of chicken and egg problem here --
> > catch.hpp is checked into the repo, but to test a commit, you need to run
> > the python script that creates catch.hpp then run the tests on that
> > generated file, not the one that is checked in.

Hm, that sounds surprising (or perhaps my email was confusing): I think
the Python script is required to generate single_include/catch.hpp from
all the headers in include/. Our (new) plan, however, is to ignore
single_include/ entirely and always use include/, including installing
the multi-header variant.

> > [...] if you have time and want to run with it, feel free to do so.

Ok, let me take a quick stab at it to at least get one test building.
Will ping you when push.