[build2-announce] Release candidate for build2 0.13.0 available for testing

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Jul 16 16:52:44 UTC 2020

We are planning to release build2 0.13.0 early next week with the latest
staged version serving as a release candidate:

https://build2.org/community.xhtml#stage

If you have projects that use build2, we would encourage you to try it out
and report[1] regressions or any other issues (installation, etc).

In particular, we would appreciate testing on Linux distributions that
use musl libc (such as Alpine Linux, Void Linux, etc). There is also
preliminary support for NetBSD if anyone is interested to try this out.

Please note that this release cannot be upgraded to from 0.12.0 and a from-
scratch installation is required (you can have multiple build2 versions
side-by-side; just pick a different installation location for 0.13.0).

[1] https://build2.org/community.xhtml#help